About Olive Juice

This is a journal of sorts of our ideas (as the design goddesses that we are) that don't necessarily get executed and instead just live in our heads. Punctuated of course with things we just plain love, covet, or if you will..."Olive Juice".




Friday, October 1, 2010

Orange and Grey

There is an episode of Seinfeld in which George Costanza states, “I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable." Well, if it were socially acceptable (and wouldn’t kill me), I would drench myself in charcoal grey paint and saunter around town. I love the color grey. It can be warm and rich or cool and dark. It pairs with everything and is a much more dramatic neutral than say, beige. Blah.

One of my favorite colors to mix with grey is orange. Any shade really. A deep pumpkin shade can create a cozy room. A soft sherbet shade can create fresh, vibrant space. I thought being that’s its now October and orange is pretty much the star of this month, today would be a good day to take a look at how well orange and grey compliment one another in these spaces.









3 comments:

Karen said...

I love this combination too! My first bedroom in my first apartment after college was decorated in gray, white and a pale orange. I so wish I'd hung on to my Ralph Lauren comforter, it was gray with a white pinstripe.

Pharon said...

I am currently in LOVE with grey in all forms. And now I love the pop that orange gives to these rooms! This is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

great post! love the 4th pic (family room with orange walls... gutsy but fabulous!)