About Olive Juice

This is a journal of sorts of our ideas (as the design goddesses that we are) that don't necessarily get executed and instead just live in our heads. Punctuated of course with things we just plain love, covet, or if you will..."Olive Juice".




Sunday, November 7, 2010

Apron Chic

I love daylight savings. With my extra hour this morning I am lounging in bed with a steaming cup of coffee and watching an old episode of Charlie’s Angels. Kelly Garrett just sauntered out in an adorable 70’s chic apron and in made me think about all of the retro-inspired aprons that I have been seeing at Anthropologie lately. I did a quick Etsy and internet search and cute, feminine aprons are EVERYWHERE. How much more fun would holiday baking be in one of the lovely styles below? I might have to bust out the sewing machine and get to work on one of my own for the Christmas cookie season.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

a fun idea for baking with children is to get white aprons and paints or markers and let them decorate their own aprons. they can then have their own personalized apron or one to take home if you do it as a party.

Pharon Square said...

I LOVE aprons! It makes me feel so domestic, even when I'm cooking up a batch of cereal and beer for dinner. I've always seen really cute aprons at Patina Stores (www.patinastores.com), and I'm always tempted to buy one. I'm thinking now I'll go get one!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love the last cupcake one! i did a apron post a while back too:: http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/2010/11/culinary-chic.html

:) jcd