About Olive Juice

This is a journal of sorts of our ideas (as the design goddesses that we are) that don't necessarily get executed and instead just live in our heads. Punctuated of course with things we just plain love, covet, or if you will..."Olive Juice".




Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Show me your city!

Lately I have been loving being a tourist in my own city. Doing all the things I over look for whatever reason, oh I can do it another time, it's not like it's going anywhere. Finding new neighborhood hot spots, going to the Walker, or taking it to the extremes like my friend Rachel and doing a segway tour in our very own Mpls. Love it. I do however love being a true tourist especially in one of my favorite cities NYC. I have had the pleasure of discovering and rediscovering NYC many times every trip I always find something new to love. That's whats so great about New York. My co-blogger Liz was in the city last night, and asked for advice on things to doing while there. I always love to grab a pink berry (something Mpls is in serious need of, or my first choice JP licks, but that's totally different topic) and stroll through the city people watching, and of course shopping! No doubt I love to hit up a Barneys warehouse sale, I found the best deal on my favorite tuxedo jacket, it's a must. Some restaurants I love; the Boat Basin with its great views of the Hudson river, the Heights Bar&Grill has a fantastic happy hour on their adorable rooftop, the rooftop at the Hotel Gansevoort in the meatpacking district is oh so sex and the city, and to round it out with a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity! It's always a blast to discover new places, and meet new people, especially when you are allowing yourself to do it in your very own city!
NYC!
Minneapolis!

No comments: